This congregation was organized in 1867. Led by the Reverend J.C. Power, worship services were first held in a log cabin. In the 1870s a larger log cabin, which served as a church and school, was built on the banks of Walnut Creek in the community of Parker’s Shop (now Reno). The congregation moved to a site south of the second log cabin in the late 1880s and built a frame sanctuary. Adjacent property was acquired in 1947, and has been the site of several buildings. Beginning as a rural church, Walnut Creek Baptist Church has continued to serve a growing congregation.