The last operating Pythian Home in the United States, it was opened to much fanfare in 1909. Originally for widows and orphans, the Home was largely self-sufficient until regulations made it dependency on donations. Henry M. Miller, along with others, was responsible for the Home’s location in Weatherford, himself an “orphan” sent to the US by his parents at a young age to keep him out of the Kaiser’s wars then convulsing Europe.

Share This