Parker County WWI Inductees

Originally called Camp Wolters, an army camp from 1925-1946, it was for a time the largest infantry replacement training center in the United States. Two of WWII’s most famous enlisted infantry men underwent basic training here – Audie Murphy and Eddie Slovik. It later served as an engineering training school, and finally as the US Army’s primary helicopter school. The base was deactivated in 1973.

The Texas Pythian Home

Share This