Veal’s Station


One of the oldest Anglo settlements in the County, the first settlers, including Captain William G. Veal, arrived in 1852. The post office was established in June 1857 and called Cream Level with Captain Veal as its postmaster. That same year, the named changed to Veal’s Station. With the construction of a two-story frame building serving as a school, church, town hall, and Masonic Lodge, Veal’s Station became a stop along the stage routes west of Fort Worth before the town site of Weatherford was established.

Share This