Newberry


The post office and community was called Grindstone, being located along Grindstone Creek a few miles west of Weatherford south of Highway 180. The community came to be known as Newberry from the predominate family who lived in the area. A church and school were built in the 1860’s. The Newberry church still holds services twice a month.

The Texas Pythian Home

Share This