Millsap


This early settlement was named for Fuller Millsaps (the “s” was later dropped) who settled on Rock Creek about 14 miles west of Weatherford in the 1850’s. There was a stage stop and post office located at the Millsaps home. The town and post office moved to the present location on theT&P RR in 1880. Both Mineral City and Peck City moved to the newly incorporated town of Millsap and ceased to exist.

The Texas Pythian Home

Share This