On the east side of Parker County a few miles north of Aledo, was the community of Prairie Hill also known as Mary’s Creek. The creek was named for a Christianized Indian woman who drowned in the creek. The post office was transferred to Tarrant County in 1877. The Clayton family helped start a church and school in the area. The school burned in 1905 but was rebuilt quickly and made larger to accommodate a growing student population. The cemetery is all that remains of this community.