Hiner


The post office established in this area lasted from 1877 until 1895. John D. Wolford was the first postmaster. Located on the north bank of the Brazos River where Patrick’s Creek flows into the river, it was named Wade’s Chapel for M. W. Wade who settled here after purchasing a 728-acre tract. Reverend James Hiner was a circuit preacher for whom the community was later named.

The Texas Pythian Home

Share This