Franco


Sometimes called Franco Switch, it was named in 1890 when the Weatherford, Mineral Wells & Northwestern RR came through this area 6 miles west of Weatherford. It got its name from the Franco Texan Land Company which was formed to liquidate State backed railroad bonds largely owned by Frenchmen. The Company brought several French families to Parker County in the late 1800’s. The town burned to the ground in a prairie fire and was not rebuilt.

The Texas Pythian Home

Share This