Brannon’s Crossing

Located upstream from Hightower Valley, Brannon ran a successful ferry operation across the Brazos River. The local firm of Mitchell & Pigg received the contract for $28,000 to build almost twin bridges across the Brazos in the summer of 1905. The County accepted the completed bridge on January 3, 1906. The bridge opening doomed Brannon’s business, but the community name given to the bridge lived on.

Share This