Alma

In the 1870’s, a group of Methodists purchased a small building named Alma Hall in the community of Alma as their church building. When the T&P RR came through in 1879, the settlement essentially moved to the new town of Aledo which was located along the rail line. The Alma Cemetery, probably associated with the church and community, was located somewhere near the intersection of Kelly Road and Hwy 1187 SE of Aledo. Information on the only known burial in 1893 came from an obituary in the Weekly Republic newspaper.

Share This