Adell

 

The Adell community was first known as “Fondren’s Store” for J. R. Fondren who built a small grocery store there in 1899. Bently B. Barton moved to the community, put in another store, and petitioned for a post office. The Post Office was established in September 1890. Barton suggested the name Adell in honor of the daughter of Alex Sanger.

Share This